This mai tai card with it’s fun sentiment would be perfect to send to your best friends for a get together invitation. I love the sentiment and can imagine a group of friends showing up at my front door with lots of goodies and good intentions. I used the newly released Rubbernecker Mai Tai set paired with the Cat Suits and a Plan and the Inside Scallop Nested set. This card is similar to the Margarita Card I shared a couple days ago. Both cards allows the brightly colored drink glass and fruit pieces to pop against an all white background.
The Card Base and Sentiment Layer
- Cut the Inside Scallop layer using white cardstock and the background layer using yellow cardstock.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the white layer attach it to the yellow layer.
- Attach the two layers to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Use white cardstock to cut the sentiment layer and aqua cardstock to cut the background layer for the sentiment.
- Use the Inside Scallop die to cut the edges of both the white and aqua layers.
- Stamp the sentiment on the white layer using Nocturne ink.
- Attach the sentiment and aqua layers together using ATG adhesive.
- Attach them to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
The Mai Tai, Fruit and Umbrella
- Cut the mai tai glass, fruit and umbrella sections using red, green, coral, yellow and aqua cardstock.
- Assemble the pieces together for the glass and fruit and and attach them together using glossy accents.
- Run the umbrella through a crimper to add dimension.
- Apply shimmer to the fruit sections and mai tai liquid using a clear shimmer pen.
- Tuck the straw in behind the mai tai glass and attach it using glossy accents.
- Attach pieces of mounting tape to the base and top of the mai tai glass and attach it to the card base.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the top point and both sides of the umbrella, round it slightly and attach to the card base.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the fruit sections and attach one cherry in behind the drink.
- Attach the other cherry and pineapple to the card base.
It’s too bad that you can see how sparkly the liquid and fruit pieces are on this mai tai card. The pictures just don’t do them justice. You can find lots of fun mai tai inspiration at this link on Pinterest. Be sure to take a look at the new Rubbernecker die release if you haven’t’ had the chance yet. There are so many fun dies. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great Wednesday.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used on this card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.