Today I’m sharing a margarita card and coordinating sentiment that would be perfect to send as an invitation to a “virtual” happy hour. The Margarita Daiquiri set is part of the new Rubbernecker die release. I paired it with the new Nested Scallop with Half Holes and Margarita Make sentiment. I’m not really a drinker and don’t have alcohol in my home but I have to admit this margarita with it’s sparkly salted glass rim looks pretty inviting. LOL!
The Card Base
- Cut the A2 card base and scalloped layer using white cardstock and a teal piece to use as a layer.
- Stamp the sentiment on the scalloped layer using Versafine Clair Verdant ink.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the teal layer and attach it to the card base.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the scalloped layer and attach it to the card base.
The Margarita Glass and Fruit
- Cut the margarita glass using teal cardstock and the straw using aqua cardstock.
- Use light green cardstock to cut the margarita liquid section.
- Apply glossy accents around the back edges of the margarita glass and attach it to the liquid section.
- Apply Cosmic glitter glue to the rim of the glass and sprinkle with clear glitter.
- Use a shimmer pen to apply clear sparkle to the liquid portion of the margarita glass.
- Attach the straw to the back of the glass using glossy accents.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the back of the glass and glossy accents to the base of the glass and attach it to the card.
The Lime and Strawberry
- Use light green and yellow cardstock to cut the lime slices.
- Cut the strawberry using red cardstock and the strawberry cap using light green cardstock.
- Attach the lime slice sections and strawberry sections together using glossy accents.
- Use a shimmer pen to apply clear sparkle to the lime sections and strawberry..
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the lime sections and strawberry and them to the card base.
This margarita card was fun to make with the new die set and I love how the red strawberry adds another color to all the green, yellow and teal. Check out my Shadow Box Beach Scene and Golf Cart Card to see other cards made with other new dies from the release. And, you can find lots more margarita card inspiration over at this Pinterest link. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have enjoyed seeing all of my projects made using the new Rubbernecker dies. Have a great day.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for this card.
Here are the tools and supplies.