I have been enjoying playing with the new Rubbernecker slimline dies and love this slimline card with colorful flowers and vases. The bright colors really pop against the white frame and card base and will definitely cheer up someone’s day. Making it certainly cheered me up. I used the Slimline OPC Scallop paired with the Vases and Shelves, Macrame Planters, Leaves and Greenery, Small Flowers #3, Small Flowers #1 and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Frame and Card Base
- Cut the 8.50″ x 7:00″ card base and the slimline frame using white cardstock.
- Score the card base at 3.50″, fold and use your bone folder to sharpen the fold crease.
- Apply strips of mounting of mounting tape to the back of the slimline frame and attach it to the card base.
The Vases, Flowers and Greenery
- Cut the vases and flowers using purple, aqua, bright yellow and bright pink cardstock.
- Apply colorful shading on the vases using mini applicators and Color Fuse inks.
- Place all the flowers face up on the molding pad and form them using a small tipped stylus.
- Cut several sets of the foliage using green cardstock.
- Attach the foliage sections to the vases using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the flowers to the foliage.
- Finish the card by attaching the vases and plant hanger to the card using using pieces of mounting tape.
I hope you have been inspired by my slimline card with colorful flowers. It is always fun for me to mix and match colors to create eye-popping combinations. Check out my Card with Soft Colors to see this same sets of dies with pastel colors. Over on the Rubbernecker blog you can see Lisa’s brightly colored Slimline Summer Card and Carol’s Slimline Shaker Card using the Slimline OPC Scallop frame that I used. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you are having a good week. Stay safe out there.
Here are the Rubbernecker dies and inks used on my project.
Here are the other tools and supplies used.