Fall cards don’t all have to be just brown and gold and red – I made some Happy Fall greeting cards for my friends using some bright colors and I really like how they turned out. Some people just really do love the fall and saying “Happy Fall!” to them will make their day! For this card I used the Nested Scallop w/ Half Holes, Pumpkins and Ivy, Sloped Fence #5, Stitched Hills, Grass #2, Leaves and Greenery, Tiny Flower Buds and Small Birds.
The Scene Base, Fence and Grass Layer
- Cut the A2 card base, scallop layer and two fence sections using white cardstock.
- Use green cardstock to cut the grass layer and then cut it again with the scalloped die to create a matching border.
- Mask off the edges of the white layer and apply blue ink with a blender brush to create the sky background.
- Cut one fence section in half and attach the two sections to the sides of the full fence section using glossy accents.
- Trim off the end fence sections to fit the scene and attach it to the scene base using small pieces of mounting tape.
- Apply a strips of mounting tape to the back of the grass layer and attach it to the card base.
The Pumpkins, Flowers, Foliage and Birds
- Cut the pumpkins and tiny flowers using yellow cardstock and the foliage and grass sprigs using green cardstock.
- Color the pumpkins using mini applicators and orange and brown ink.
- Use a mini applicator to apply orange ink to the tiny flowers and form them using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the tiny flowers to the long foliage sections using glossy accents.
- Tuck the pumpkins in behind the grass layer and attach using pieces of mounting tape.
- Use glossy accents to attach the ivy sections and flower stems to the scene.
- Tuck the grass sprigs in behind the grass section and attach using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching the birds using small pieces of mounting tape.
These Happy Fall greeting cards can be used lots of different ways, too. Add a specific greeting inside and you have a perfectly seasonally suited card for just about any occasion! Check out my Fall Card category to see lots of other pretty fall cards.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for this card.
Here are the other tools and supplies used.
I hope you pull out your fall dies and start making happy fall greeting cards of your own. Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day.