Today I am sharing a “sweet” little card I made using some of the new Bee die cuts and another die to create this textural honeycomb background. I just love how that honeycomb background just makes this card! I used the Rubbernecker Inside Scallop Nested and Honeycomb to create the scene base layer and created the fun scene using the Bee with Honey Pot, Stitched Hills, Leaves and Greenery and Tiny Flower Buds.
The Honeycomb Background and Grass
- Cut an A2 sized card base and an Inside Scallop layer using white cardstock.
- Place the scallop layer on the cutting platform, line up the Honeycomb die and run through the machine.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the honeycomb layer and several small pieces around the die cut openings and attach it to the white card base.
- Use green cardstock to cut the Stitched Hill layer.
- Cut the grass layer using the Inside Scallop die to create a matching border and attach it to the honeycomb layer using a strip of mounting tape.
The Bee, Hive and Flowers
- Cut the bee using bright yellow and black cardstock and the wings using vellum.
- Attach the bee pieces together using glossy accents.
- Use tan and brown cardstock to cut the hive and attach the pieces together using glossy accents.
- Use green cardstock to cut the foliage sections and bright yellow and aqua cardstock to cut the tiny flowers.
- Form the flowers using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the tiny flowers to the foliage sections using glossy accents.
Finish The Scene
- Tuck the hive in behind the grass layer and attach using a piece of mounting tape.
- Attach the greenery and flower sections to the hive using glossy accents.
- Tuck the greenery and flower sections in behind the grass layer and attach using glossy accents.
- Finish by attaching the bee using a small piece of mounting tape.
I have had lots of fun making cards with the new bee sets by Rubbernecker. The little bees are so cute and all the accessory pieces are are perfect to create a complete scene. Check out this link to see some of my other creations.
Here are the supplies I used to make this adorable card:
While this honeycomb background is just perfect for this card, I am already thinking of other ways to use that die – how about you? How would YOU use it?