I am just LOVING this slimline insert die because the placement and arrangement of the tiny holes around the border and the windows give such an ornate looking palette with just one cut. And just look – three main colors, a few more dies and simple vignettes in each window and we have a card that looks AHmazing with so much less effort! How many times have you tried to line up multiple dies, or worse, tried to use the same die several times to get perfectly spaced windows? Right? Problem solved!
Card Base and Slimline Solid and Insert Die
- Cut the 3.50″ x 8.50″ card base using white cardstock and score lengthwise at 3.50″.
- Use red cardstock to cut a 3.25″ x 8.25″ rectangle layer and attach to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Cut a 2.00″ x 7.00″ strip of white cardstock and attach it to the red layer using ATG adhesive.
- Cut the solid slimline using white cardstock, place it back on the cutting platform, line up the inside slimline die and run though the machine a second time.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scallop layer and attach it to the card base.
The Beach Bag Accessories and Umbrella
- Cut the beach bag accessories and umbrella using red, yellow, white and black cardstock.
- Assemble the pieces for the bag and bottles and attach them together using glossy accents. Note: I cut thin strips of yellow and white cardstock to use to embellish the bag.
- Attach the hat sections together using a strip of rolled up double stick tape and glossy accents.
- Use black cardstock to fill in the sunglasses.
- Cut the flowers using yellow cardstock, form them using a stylus and molding pad and attach them to the hat and sunglasses using glossy accents.
- Attach the flip flop pieces together using glossy accents and attach tiny flowers to each using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accent to attach the umbrella sections together.
- Cut a small rectangle using white cardstock for the towel base and attach thin strips of red and yellow cardstock using glossy accents.
- Use snips to cut fringe all the way across the bottom of the towel.
Finish the Card
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the hat and sunglasses and attach in the first frame opening.
- Use a piece of mounting tape to attach the beach bag in the second frame opening.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the flip flops and attach in the third frame opening.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the top center and sides of the umbrella, gently round the umbrella with your fingers and attach to the top of the scallop layer.
- Attach the towel to the bottom of the scallop layer using glossy accents.
Here are the supplies I used to make this project:
I highly recommend you check out the collection of new slimline dies here and choose one – or more! – slimline insert die to try out. I pretty much ensure that you will be TOTALLY hooked!