Even though I love to make cards with loads of little details, sometimes I like to share simple birthday card ideas for those times when you need to make a card in a hurry. This one fits the bill and the cheerful colors – which of COURSE are changeable! – and the simple birthday wish means you can send it to anyone and make their day! I made this card using the Balloons die set and the sentiment is from the Kittie Says Phrases #1.
The A2 Card Base and Sentiment Layer
- Cut the card base and sentiment layer using white cardstock and red cardstock for the layer.
- Stamp the sentiment using Nocturne ink.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the red layer.
- Attach both layers to the card base using ATG adhesive.
The Balloons and Bow
- Cut the balloons out three times using red, yellow and blue cardstock.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of each balloon and attach them to the card.
- Tie a multi loop bow using red organdy ribbon. Note: Check out my ribbon tying video tutorial to see how I make my multi-loop bows.
- Attach the bow to the balloons using glue dots.
Here are the products I used to make this card.
I encourage you to save this on Pinterest or wherever else you would save simple birthday card ideas because I am confident that once you make ONE of these, you will want to make more!