Make some SPOOKY Halloween Cards!
I love cute Halloween cards and even have some coming up/one of which you can see here . But sometimes I just have to make a few spooky Halloween cards for those friends of mine who love the more scary aspects of the day. Today I used a classic combination of purples and black plus new dies from Rubbernecker to add that creepy feeling. The black witch silhouette against the bright yellow moon and those little jack-o-lanterns add a little punch but keep that spooky vibe.
The dies used to make this card are Owl and Halloween Tree, Jack-o-Lanterns, Wrought Iron Fence, Witches, Grass and Nested Circles.
The Card Base
- Cut an A2 sized card base using white cardstock and a 5.50″ x 4.25″ piece of black cardstock.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the black piece of cardstock and attach to the card base.
- Cut a purple piece of cardstock 5.00″ x 3.75″ and a light purple piece of cardstock 4.75″ x 3.50″.
- Attach the purple and light purple pieces of cardstock together using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the two layers and attach them to the card base.
The Fence and Grass
- Cut two sections of the fence and two 3.50″ sections of grass using black cardstock.
- Attach the two fence sections together using glossy accents and then trim to 3.50″ wide.
- Attach the fence to the front of one of the grass sections using double stick tape.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the fence/grass section and attach it to the card base.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the back of the second fence section and attach it to the card base.
The Owl and Halloween Tree
- Cut two trees using black cardstock and the owl sections using black, gray and yellow cardstock.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the tree trunk and branches, tuck it in behind the fence and attach to the card base.
- Cut the branches off the second tree, tuck them in behind the fence and attach using glossy accents.
- Assemble the owl parts and attach them together using glossy accents.
- Apply a piece of mounting tape to the back of the owl and attach to the card base right above one of the branches.
The Jack-o-Lanterns and Witch
- Cut the pumpkins using yellow cardstock,the stems using white cardstock and the jack-o-lantern faces using black cardstock.
- Use a mini applicator and orange ink to color the pumpkins. Note: I started with yellow cardstock for the pumpkins so the brightness would show under the shades of orange.
- Use a mini applicator to apply green ink to the stems.
- Assemble the jack-o-lanterns and attach together using glossy accents. Note: I use my reverse tweezers from my Paper Sculpting Kit to pick up the small pieces.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the jack-o-lanterns, tuck them in behind the grass and attach to the scene.
- Use a circle die to cut the bright yellow moon and black cardstock to cut the witch.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the moon and attach to the card base.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the witch and attach it to the moon.
Do you make spooky Halloween cards or just playful ones? I would love to know so I can share ideas of what you like the most so feel free to comment and tell me what you think!
5334-07D Owl and Halloween Tree Die
5334-06D Jack-o-lanterns Die
5216-03D Witches Die
5215-07D Wrought Iron Fence Die
Tabed Grass Set Die Cut 5152-03D
Nested Circle Die Cut Set 5002D
Color Fuse Set #11
Color Fuse Set #2
Mini Applicators, 12 pk, PanPastel Sofft
Sizzix – Paper Sculpting Kit
Mini Glossy Accents, Ranger Accents
Scotch Foam Mounting Tape
ATG Kit, Advanced Tape Glider
Teflon Bone Folder, Essentials by Ellen
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12×12
Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting…