Make a stack of these cards decorated with die cut holly!
I couldn’t believe how quick and easy it was to make cards decorated with die cut holly now that I have these slightly larger, more detailed dies. This Holly #2 set is part of my new Kittiekraft by Rubbernecker line and I am so glad the results turned out just how I imagined! And when you see how easy these cards are to put together you will be able to pretty much get ALL your Christmas cards done in no time and they will all be stunning!
The Card Base
- Cut an A2 sized card base using white cardstock.
- Use red cardstock to cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ layer and colorful designer paper to cut a 5.25″ x 4.00″ layer.
- Use ATG adhesive to attach the red layer to the card base.
- Line up the designer paper layer over the red base and attach with ATG adhesive.
The Sentiment and Holly
- Use red and white cardstock to cut two sections using the largest scallop die.
- Stamp the sentiment on the white layer using green ink.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the white circle, offset and attach it to the red circle. Pro Tip: attaching the red scallop circle to the white added an additional touch of red and more interest to the simple card.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the red circle and attach it to the card base.
Holly and Berries
- Cut three sections of the holly using green and red cardstock.
- Layer the holly leaves face up on the molding pad and gently push down in the center of each using the leaf tool. Pro Tip: If you don’t have these tools you can use your fingers to gently form the leaves.
- Attach the holly leaves to the sentiment using glossy accents.
- Begin by attaching the main base of holly leaves directly to the white circle.
- Next add the top layer of holly leaves over the main base of leaves.
- Place the circles face down on the molding pad and gently form them using the large round stylus.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the red circles and attach them to the center of the holly arrangement.
Check out my Christmas Category if you are getting in the mood to start working on your holiday cards and need a little inspiration .
So to recap……Card base. Check. Pretty themed paper in any color, style or pattern. Check. Two scalloped circles. Check. One Christmas greeting. Check. A stack of cards decorated with die cut holly as a sweet additional feature element. Check, check, CHECK! You can make each card different or use up that stash of Christmas paper you’ve been hoarding. It’s a win-win!
Create a quick, clean and simple stack of classic cards decorated with die cut holly for your family and friends.