Learn how to upcycle cookie tins with some paint and die cuts and have something totally worth gifting!!!
I LOVE repurposing things and when we had emptied this container I immediately saw the opportunity to share a quick way to upcycle cookie tins like this with some easy steps. This cookie tin was a shiny silver and had a huge black logo on the top so I started by enlisting my husband to give it a couple of coats of white spray paint and then it was mine to decorate.
- Cut a length of ribbon long enough to fit all the way around the can lid.
- Apply 1/4″ double stick tape to the back of the ribbon and attach it to the lid. Pro Tip: Make sure to cut long enough length of ribbon so it can overlap a little to look finished.
- Heat up your hot glue gun and get it ready to attached the die cut flower and foliage.
- Use red cardstock to cut the poinsettia sections, form them using the molding pad and round stylus and attach the sections together using glossy accents. Pro Tip: I stamped the flower sections with the Splatter Background stamp and white pigment ink and embossed with white powder to add a little interest.
- Cut the holly and evergreen branches using green cardstock and cut the berries using red cardstock.
- Attach the berries to the holly branches using glossy accents.
- Form the holly leaves using the molding pad and leaf tool.
- Attach the poinsettia to the can top using hot glue. Note: I didn’t get the poinsettia attached dead center but I think the foliage helps detract. 😆
- Tuck the holly and evergreen branches under and around the poinsettia and attach using hot glue.
Now all I have to do is fill it with homemade fudge and deliver!
I have several fun projects in my Anything But a Card category. If you are looking for gift ideas you may want to hop over and check them out.
The next time you empty a container, take a good look at it and see if this way to upcycle cookie tins can be used to dress up what you have. Honestly when the container is this special, you can put just about any treat inside and it becomes special!