Make a cute and fun haunted house Halloween card with easy to use dies!
When I saw the Fall House Accessories die set from Rubbernecker, I knew I wanted to make a fun – not scary – haunted house Halloween card. I think this came out really cute and makes me think more of Casper the Friendly Ghost than any of those super creepy horror movies! I used that Fall House Accessories, paired with the Tabbed House, Inside Scalloped Frame and Grass.
Card Base, Frame and Grass
- Cut an A2 sized card base using lavender cardstock.
- Use purple cardstock to cut the scalloped frame and light green cardstock to cut the grass section.
- Attach the grass section to the frame using double stick tape.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
House Base Parts
To make my Halloween House I assembled the house base parts that include house, gable, windows, door, brick and porch columns , roof and steps. Here is a shot of all the parts and pieces you will get with this die set – you can see how you can create endless custom looks with all these different elements!
- Use orange and black cardstock to cut the house base and gable sections.
- Cut the windows, door, roof, columns, railing and brick using black cardstock.
- Attach the brick and wood porch columns together using Connect glue.
- Use Connect glue to attach the porch side roof and gable using to the porch columns.
- Attach the brick porch foundation, porch columns and porch side roof together using double stick tape.
- Apply mounting tape pieces to the back of the gable, porch columns and foundation and attach them to the house base. Pro Tip: By assembling the porch sections together first allows you to see exactly where they fit on the house.
- Attach the roof sections using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the door and windows.
- Attach pieces of mounting tape to the back of the house, tuck it in behind the grass and attach to the card base.
- Use black cardstock to cut the tree and cats.
- Attach the tree to the card base using mounting tape.
- Attach the tiny cats to the grass and window using small pieces of mounting tape.
- Use orange cardstock to cut the tiny pumpkins and use a black marker to draw in the jack-o-lantern faces.
- Attach the jack-o-lanterns to the grass section using glossy accents.
- Use light green cardstock to cut the ghosts and attach them to the house and card base using small pieces of mounting tape.
Do you see what I mean about it being a fun and, dare I say, cheerful haunted house? These House Accessories sets are so fun – combined with the Tabbed House Die set, it’s like having architectural paper dolls!
How would you dress up your haunted house Halloween card? More creepy or more cute? I am curious – let me know!