See how you can make some truly beautiful and utterly simple handmade Fall cards for any occasion with a greeting swap!
As much as I love making intricate, detailed cards, I also love making cards that are quicker and use less supplies that still look beautiful. This idea for simple handmade Fall cards that still have lots of detail and are totally send-worthy is faster than it looks AND you can swap up the background and the sentiment and have TONS of different cards at the ready.
To make this card I used Rubbernecker’s newly released Autumn Leaves 6×6 Paper Pad paired with the Half Tree, Tiny Leaves #1 and the Splatter Leaves clear set. There are so many designs in that beautiful Paper Pad that are perfectly suited to use this way so when you get yours, go through and pull out the sheets you want to use as backgrounds. Then all you have to do is a little die cutting, some leaf sticking and a quick stamp and you are good to go! Make one, make a stack……these are the perfect Fall cards to make in front of a good binge watching!
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base.
- Cut a 5.50″ x 4.25″ layer using designer paper.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the designer paper layer and attach it to the card base.
- Use white cardstock to cut a 4.25″ x 2.00″ layer and green cardstock to cut a 4.25″ x 2.25″ layer. Note: The green layer was cut from on of the solid papers in the pad.
- Secure the white layer and stamp in the MISTI, apply black ink to the stamp and stamp the sentiment.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the green layer using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the card base.
Tree and Leaves
- Cut the tree using dark brown cardstock and the leaves using dark red, orange and green cardstock.
- Place the leaves face up on the molding pad and gently form them by pushing down in the centers using the leaf tool. Pro Tip: You can use a small stylus to form the leaves if you don’t have a leaf tool. Check out the Sizzix Paper Sculpting Tool Kit if you would like to see the tools I love to work with.
- Attach the tiny leaves to the branches using glossy accents. Pro Tip: Using reverse-action tweezers made it so easy to pick up pick up and attach the leaves to the branches.
- Apply a small strip of mounting tape to the upper back section of the tree trunk and tiny pop dots to the back of a few key leaves.
- Apply a small amount of glossy accents to the lower back section of the tree trunk.
- Attach the tree to the card base. Pro Tip: Attaching the lower tree trunk section directly to the sentiment layer kept it at the same level as the upper branch sections.
- Finish by attaching a few falling leaves and a few leaves on the ground using glossy accents.
You can adapt this idea for simple handmade Fall cards to other seasons, too, using the awesome new Rubbernecker Paper Pads. Grab one or a few or even ALL of them and see which designs inspire you to create your own versions of this quick and easy card idea!
2 thoughts on “Beautiful, Simple Handmade Fall Cards!”
I can’t get enough of your adorable scenes! I’m so glad that Rubbernecker makes all of the tiny animals, greenery and flower dies. I love my tiny chickens and tiny bunnies. I’m ordering the tiny dogs today. Thank you for all the inspiration you share!
Love this card. But couldn’t find the sentiment. Is this available through Rubbernecker?