Today’s elegant feminine handmade card idea is easier to make than it looks and is fun to make!
I like to make cards that are really versatile and can be used for as many occasions as possible. Today I took a little turn and created this very elegant feminine handmade card idea that truly is a special card for special a lady. Of course you can add any sentiment you like and change the color of the fashionable details made with Rubbernecker’s new Derby Day Dress to coordinate with your favorite design from their Welcome Spring 6×6 Paper Pad. But other than maybe swapping out the layer made with the Elegant Scroll Rectangle, I don’t know that I would alter this much. It’s just so pretty with it’s simple design yet detailed from the patterned paper and the dies.
Let me show you how to make it so you can see how easy it is, even with my little tips.
Card Base and Elegant Scroll Layer
- Cut an A2 (5-50″ x 4.25″) card base using pink cardstock.
- Use a pretty piece of the Welcome Spring 6×6 Paper Pad to cut a 5.25″ x 4.00″ layer and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Cut the smaller die in the Elegant Scroll Rectangle set using white cardstock.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the white decorative layer and attach it to the card base.
The Dress and Accessories
- Cut all the pieces of the Derby Dress set using pink cardstock.
- Cut a second dress out to use for layering.
- Trim off the top and down the waist area on both sides of one layer to make it easier to line up and attach.
- Apply tiny pop dots to the skirt line on the second dress section and a touch of connect glue to the waist area.
- Line up the full dress over the second and attach making sure to leave a small amount of the bottom skirt showing lower than the first. Pro Tip: Adding the second layer to the back of the skirt adds dimension and interest to the dress.
- Use gold metallic cardstock to cut the hanger, hat band, purse buckle, shoes and waist decoration.
- Trim the heels off the pink shoes and attach them over the gold set of heels and attach using connect glue.
- Attach the accessory pieces using connect glue.
- Apply connect glue to the back of the dress and hanger and attach it to the decorative layer.
- Use connect glue to attach the shoes to the decorative layer.
- Finish by attaching the hat and purse using pieces of mounting tape.
Isn’t that just so pretty? And you can see that the dies and the layering do all the hard work in giving this card all the dimension and movement. Here’s what I used to make it.
I hope you like this elegant feminine handmade card idea – I feel like it’s helpful to have one blockbuster idea for different specialized designs. It’s not an every day card but for sure it’s unique enough for a truly special occasion and certainly looks more complicated than it is to make!