Make a precious card with these die cut paper pieced dresses – easy and fast!
I was playing around with some of my paper scraps from my Welcome Spring 6×6 Paper Pad and found some that were the perfect size for the dies in the Rubbernecker Derby Day Dresses set. A little more playing around and I came up with this card that came together so fast I almost couldn’t believe it! I just love using up my scraps to make cards – I love the feeling of getting every good thing out of my stash!
Let me show you just how easy this is to make!
- Use white cardstock to cut an A2 sized card base and the Decorative Rectangle You can use any layer die you have but I especially liked the way these decorative corners fancied everything up in a sweet way.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the rectangle and attach it to the card base. I do so love using white on white to create a rich textural look!
Derby Dresses and Accessories
- Use three different patterns of the Welcome Spring paper to cut three dress and matching hats. As I said, I mined my scrap stash and now that I see how pretty these cards turn out, I sure will be doing this again!
- Cut the purses and hat trim using pink, purple and apricot cardstock.
- Cut the hangers and purse clasp pieces using gold metallic cardstock.
- Apply connect glue to the hat trim pieces and attach them to the hats.
- Use connect glue to attach the gold purse sections to the purse fronts and the dresses to the hangers.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the dresses, line them up evenly and attach them to the rectangle base.
- Finish by attach the hats and purses using pieces of mounting tape.
Can you believe how easy this was? Here are the Rubbernecker items I used today:
And here are the other things I used from my stash:
My Favorite Crafting Tools
I love how feminine and delicate these die cut paper pieced dresses look on this card and I’ve already put aside MORE pieces of patterned paper – scraps included – to make more of these in different designs. Give it a try!