Good Monday morning. Did you see my Saturday blog post with a survey question and blog candy opportunity. If not I would love for you to check it out here and leave a comment with your opinion regarding tutorial format and for a chance to win three Memory Box dies.
My project today was made using the newly released Impression Obsession Ho Ho Ho Square framed with the All-in-One Frames Squares 2 and embellished with tiny holly leaves from the Wreath Builder and Twig Wreath. I usually don’t mass produce holiday cards as I don’t have a huge list of people I send to. But when I do need a few quick cards I like to use dies that are fast and easy to assemble but yet make a great impression. I love using white for holiday silhouette images layered over a red background.
Project Pieces and Supplies
Scalloped Frame, Ho Ho Ho Square, Wreath Builder (holly), 1/8” Circles, Mounting Tape, 1/8” Double Stick Tape, Glossy Accents, White Card Base 5.00” Square, Red Layer 4 1/4” Square
1. Apply mounting tape to the back of the red square layer and attach it to the square card base. Using mounting tape to raise the red layer is not necessary but I think it adds dimension and interest to this clean and simple card.
2. Apply double stick tape to the back of the scalloped frame and attach it to the Ho Ho Ho Square. The Ho Ho Ho Square Frame is a free standing die cut image and can be used without the addition of frame. I used the scalloped frame to make it look more substantial for the scene and I really like the decorative scalloped border.
3. Apply thin strips of mounting tape all the way around the back of the frame. Add small pieces of mounting tape to the back of Santa, reindeer, the largest HO and the top of the houses to make sure they stand away from the red base. Some may think using strips of mounting tape all the around the back of the frame is overkill and and instead it could be secured to the card base with spaced out pop dots. I’ve done frames both ways but I live in Florida where there is high humidity and using full strips of tape helps keep the frame more securely in place.
4. Attach the Ho Ho Ho Square to the red card base.
5. Trim three leaves off the holly branch and attach them to the large O with glossy accents. Adding a touch of a third color like I did with the green holly leaves adds an element interest without detracting from the overall image design.
6. Attach three red berries to the holly leaves with glossy accents. I used the berries from the Twig Wreath set but you can easily use a 1/8” circle hole punch.
Thank you so much for coming by today and I hope you have a great week. Don’t forget to leave a comment on my Saturday post (if you haven’t already) to qualify for my Memory Box blog candy.