Good Saturday morning. I have a decorative Christmas Charming Cottage Gift Box by Spellbinders to share with you today made using Becca’s brand new 15 piece set. I had lots of fun figuring out what pieces I wanted to use to make this project. I embellished the top of the box using the Cinch and Go Poinsettia and Foliage. The assembled size of the house is: 2.625 x 2.5 x 4.5 inches.
Assembling the Box
- Cut two box sections using Kraft cardstock.
- Fold all the score lines and sharpen the creases of the fold using the Teflon bone folder.
- Apply double stick tape to the tabs and bottom sections and attach them together to complete the box.
The Windows and Door
- Cut eight windows, eight curtain inserts and a door.
- Run curtain sections through the crimper to add a touch of dimension.
- Apply glossy accents to the back top edges of the windows and attach the curtains.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the door, center on the front of the box and attach.
- Apply glossy accents to the windows and attach them all the way around the box.
- The picture below shows the back and side views of the box.
Roof and Snow Sections
- Cut fourteen scalloped sections.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of ten sections and layer them on the top of the box. Start with the lowest section and work up to the top. I miscalculated how close to attach mine so the top one is offset a little.
- Apply double stick tape to the last four sections and attach them around the base of the box to create a snowy ground.
- Cut several of the small flourish die, cut them in half and attach to each window using glossy accents.
- Tie eight tiny red bows and attach to the windows using glue dots.
- Cut poinsettia sections in red and green, form the petals using a stylus and molding pad and attach them together using glossy accents.
- Attach the poinsettia to the box top using glossy accents.
- Cut two pieces of foliage and tuck under the poinsettia and attach using glossy accents.
- Attach a snow pearl in the flower center to finish.
The Christmas Tree Charm
- Cut two sections of the Christmas tree charm.
- Apply versa to the star topper of the tree and emboss using gold embossing powder.
- Cut the star topper off the second tree.
- Cut a slit half way up the center of the star topped tree and cut a slit half way down the center of the second tree.
- Trim off the trunk of both tree sections to create a flat bottom.
- Slide the top tree down over the bottom tree until the bottom edges meet.
- Turn the sections until they create the standing tree.
- I cut the star topper off both the additional trees so there would only be one star topped tree for my little scene.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing the cut Christmas Charming Cottage Gift Box project with the cut little trees around it. What a great way to give gifts at work, to neighbors and teachers. The possibilities are endless with this wonderful set. I sure do appreciate you coming by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.