Good Friday morning. Today I’m sharing a die cut picnic scene card made using the newly released Rubbernecker Stamps Picnic set paired with the Patio Set, Winter Tree, Deckle Hills, Small Ivy, Tiny Flower Buds, Grass #2 and Small Butterflies. I know you have heard me say this many times but red and green is one of my most favorite color combinations, not only for holiday cards but also for summer projects as well. I think the red gingham tablecloth and red umbrella is a perfect invitation into the scene.
The Deckle Ground Layers and Tree
- Cut grass layers using green cardstock and attach them to the card base using strips of mounting tape.
- Cut the tree using Kraft cardstock and apply Antique Linen to the tree using the direct to paper technique.
- Cut several sections of the small ivy leaves using green cardstock and attach them to the branches using glossy accents.
- Cut the tiny flower buds, form then with the small tipped stylus and molding pad and attach them to the tree branches using glossy accents.
- Apply a small strip of mounting tape to the tree trunk and rolled up glue dots behind several key leaves and tuck the tree in behind the grass section and attach to the card base.
The Table, Tablecloth and Umbrella
- Cut the table and benches using Kraft cardstock and apply Antique Linen ink using the ink pad directly on the images.
- Cut the tablecloth using red gingham paper and attach to the table using a strip of mounting tape.
- Cut the umbrella and pole using red cardstock.
- Tuck the table and benches in behind the grass layer and attach using mounting tape.
- Attach the pole to the card base using double stick tape.
- Attach the umbrella to the card base using rolled glue dots on each side and mounting tape to the center.
Complete the Die Cut Picnic Scene
- Cut several sections of the Grass #2, tuck the pieces in behind the grass layers and around the tree trunk, benches and table and attach with glossy accents.
- Attach tiny flowers to the grass sections using glossy accents.
- Create a tiny flower arrangement for the table using small ivy and tiny flowers and attach using glossy accents.
- Finish the scene by attaching a few butterflies using glossy accents.
The only thing missing from the die cut picnic scene is the fried chicken and potato salad. LOL! I appreciate you coming by and I hope you enjoyed seeing my post. Have a great Friday and upcoming weekend.