Today I’m sharing a clean and simple die cut autumn leaves card made using the new 3 Maples Leaves die set by Rubbernecker. This is a solid die that not only cuts the three leaves but also creates a perfectly spaced negative opening at the same time. I thought it would be pretty to show off both the leaves and the openings. The sentiment is from the Splatter Leaves clear stamp set.and I used the Nested Deckle Rectangles for the white card base.
The Deckle Layer
- Place white cardstock and the Nested Deckle die and 3 Maple die on the cutting platform and run through the cutting machine.
- Place the sentiment and deckle layer in the Misti, apply Shady Lane Versafine Clair ink and stamp the sentiment.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the deckle layer and attach to the green card base.
The Autumn Leaves
- Use mini applicators to apply Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint ink to each leaf. Check out my Leaves with Distress Ink tutorial if you would like to see step by step photos of how I color my leaves. You can also see my short Coloring Leaves video on YouTube.
- Apply versa to each leaf, apply clear embossing powder and heat.
- Apply a piece of mounting tape to the back of each leaf and attach to the card base.
This clean and simple die cut autumn leaves card was fast and easy to make. I love the contrast of the white with the colorful leaves. Sadly, I had a very hard time getting good pictures of the card so the leaves show up much darker than they are in person. Thanks for coming by today. If you haven’t already be sure to check out the Rubbernecker sale going on this week. There are so many great deals.