Today I’m sharing a welcoming holiday handmade door card using the new Rubbernecker Stamps Door with Steps die set. I posted a similar card a few weeks ago done in all white. This time I thought it would be fun to create the white door scene on a red background. I paired the door with the Knob Top Fence, Deckle Hills, Greenery #2, Tiny Leaves, Rectangle Combo #3 and Nested Rectangle sets.
The Siding Card Base
- Cut 15 to 20 1.2″ x 4.25″ strips of red cardstock
- Apply ATG adhesive to a strip and attach it on the bottom of the card base.
- Continue attaching the strips overlapping each strip slightly over the strip below it until you reach the top.
Assemble The Door
- Cut the door sections using white cardstock.
- Attach the pieces together using double stick tape.
- Attach the whole window unit to the card base using strips of double stick tape.
The Fence and Snow Layers
- Cut the snowy ground layer and fence using white cardstock.
- Attach double stick tape to the back of the snow layer and attach the fence sections.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the snow and fence layer and attach it to the card base.
The Holly Wreath and Greenery Border
- Cut tiny leaves and a small 3/4″ wreath base using green cardstock .
- Attach the leaves to the wreath base using glossy accents.
- Punch 1/8″ red circles for berries and attach them to the wreath using glossy accents.
- Cut greenery using green cardstock, tuck the branches in behind the snow layer and attach using glossy accents.
The Eyelet Roof
- Cut the eyelet rectangle frame and a matching rectangle frame using white cardstock.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the eyelet frame section and attach it to the rectangle frame.
- Use double stick tape to attach the roof section to the card base.
- Attach greenery with red berries to the roof section using glossy accents.
- Create a white multi loop bow and attach to the top of the roof section using glue dots. You can check out my multi loop bow video if you would like to see how I made my bow.
- Finish the card by applying drops of white Nuvo Crystal Drops to the greenery, holly wreath and along the fence sections.
Here are links to the dies I used for this project.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my handmade door card. I love creating this kind of homey and inviting card fronts for my holiday cards. Check out this Pinterest Christmas door link for more holiday card inspiration. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you are having a great week.