Today I’m sharing a funny Santa Christmas card with poor Santa stuck in the chimney. I used the newly released Santa Stuck set paired with the Deckle Frame and a wreath embellishment made using the Tiny Leaves set. This Santa Stuck set reminds me of Tim Allen and the Santa Claus movies. LOL!
The Deckle Frame and Designer Paper Card Base
- Cut the designer paper 5.50″ x 4.25″ and attach it to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Use white cardstock to cut the Deckle Frame.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Cut two sections of chimney using black cardstock and white cardstock to cut the snowy layer.
- Use red cardstock to cut a piece to layer behind the chimney sections.
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the chimney sections and attach them to the red layer.
- Use mounting tape to attach the white snowy layer to the chimney.
- Adhere strips of mounting tape to the back of the chimney section and attach it to the card base.
- Use red, white, black and metallic gold cardstock to cut the Santa sections.
- Assemble the pieces and attach together using using glossy accents.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the Santa, tuck him in behind the chimney and attach to the card base.
The Holly Wreath
- Create a 3/4″ round circle base for the wreath. Note: When I’m making a tiny wreath I punch out a circle using my 3/4″ circle punch and then use my snips to cut out the center to create the wreath base. I attach the two ends together using glossy accents to close the base.
- Cut the tiny leaves using green cardstock and punch out several red 1/8″ circles.
- Begin attaching the leaves to the wreath base using glossy accents and continue all the way around.
- Attach tiny red circles to the wreath using glossy accents.
- Tie a tiny gold bow and attach it to the wreath using glue dots.
- Use glossy accents to attach the wreath to the chimney and then finish by adding red stickles to the red circles.
Here are links to the dies used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Santa Christmas card. It’s such a funny set and I think creates a perfect card for friends and family that like offbeat cards. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a great Sunday.