Today I’m sharing a winter nature Christmas card with deer and cardinals. My intention was for this to be a night scene with all black and white images with the only color being on the deer. But there was not enough contrast and although we know birds don’t fly around at night I had to add the red birds and green foliage. For this project I used the Rubbernecker Stamps Tree Panel #3, Wildlife Set, Deckle Hills, Greenery #1, Small Birds, Winter Tree and Splatter Background.
The Night Background, Tree Panel and Snow Layers
- Rub the Magic Bag over the black card base to remove static for embossing.
- Apply white pigment ink to the Splatter Background stamp and stamp on the black card base
- Sprinkle white embossing powder over the black card base and heat with the heat gun.
- Cut the Tree Panel using white cardstock, apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the panel and attach to the black card base.
- Use white cardstock to cut the snow layers.
- Apply the back layer to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Use strips of mounting tape to attach the front snow layer.
Color the Deer
- Cut the deer using white cardstock.
- Apply a layer of Antique Linen ink over the whole body of each deer using a mini applicator.
- Add darker shading to the deer using Vintage Photo ink and mini applicator.
- Note: Check out my Coloring Die Cut Animals tutorial if you would like to see a few step by step photos of how I colored my deer.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the deer, tuck them in behind the snow layers and attach to the card base.
The Foliage and Birds
- Cut a Winter Tree using white cardstock, the Greenery using green cardstock and Small Birds suing red cardstock.
- Use scissors to cut the winter tree branches apart, tuck them in behind the snow layers and attach using glossy accents.
- Tuck the greenery branches in behind the snow layers and attach using glossy accents.
- Color the beak of the birds using a black marker.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach them to the cardstock.
- Finish the card by applying touches of sparkle using Nuvo Fresh Snowfall glitter accents to the tree branches, evergreen branches and snow layers.
Here are the dies and stamp I used to make my card.
Here are tools and supplies used.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my nature Christmas card. I love the contrast of the white and black with the touches of red and green with the deer. Check out this Pinterest link for more nature Christmas card inspiration. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful week.