I love making paper poinsettias for Christmas cards, gifts, home decor and tags. Sadly, I will put my die set away as this will be my last poinsettia card for Christmas 2019. A couple of weeks ago I created a card a white on white card with the same layout using the same dies and sentiment but with the poinsettia and holly placement on the top of the card. I love adding a red layer adds such a festive feel to this card.
The Card Base and Sentiment
- Cut the deckle layers using red and white cardstock.
- Secure the sentiment stamp and white layer in the MISTI.
- Apply Versamark to the stamp and stamp the white deckle layer.
- Apply super fine gold embossing powder and heat with heat gun.
- Attach the red layer to the card base using ATG adhesive.
- Attach strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the red card layer.
The Handmade Paper Poinsettia and Holly
- Use red and green cardstock to cut the poinsettia sections. Note: I like to create one or two green poinsettia sections for the main base of the flower.
- Cut the holly sections using green and red cardstock. Attach the red berries to the holly using glossy accents.
- Lay the holly sections on a molding pad and use the leaf tool.
- Place the red and green poinsettia flower layers face down on a molding pad and use a large round stylus to shape the flower petals.
- Place the red and green poinsettia flower layers face up on a molding pad and use a small tipped stylus to push down in the center of each flower to push the petals up.
- Attach the flower layers together using glossy accents.
- Attach pre made gold Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower center using glossy accents.
Arrange the Poinsettia and Holly
- Apply glossy accents to the back of the poinsettia and attach it to the upper corner of the sentiment layer.
- Tuck the holly branches under the poinsettia and attach them using glossy accents.
I hope you have enjoyed my paper poinsettia for Christmas card. The poinsettia is certainly an iconic Christmas symbol and are perfect on holiday cards and projects. You can see lots of handmade paper poinsettia inspiration on this Pinterest link. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a great week.
Here are links to the dies and stamp used for my project.
Here are the tools and supplies.
Paper poinsettias for Christmas are perfect on cards, gifts and home decor.