Did you know that Rubbernecker has two brand new clear sets with Spanish phrases? For my project today I used the “life is better at the beach” phrase from the Frases en Español #1 set. I wanted the phrase to be the main focus of the card so I created a soft sponged beach scene to highlight it. I created the scene on a decorative layer using the Inside Scallop Nested Set and added dimension to the scene using the Palm Trees, Grass #2 and Small Birds.
Create the Scene
- Cut the scalloped layer using white cardstock.
- Use a blender brush to apply Antique Linen ink for the sandy beach.
- Apply dots of texture to the sand using the dune image from the Beach Master.
- Apply Tumbled Glass ink to the ocean area using a blender brush.
- Create the puffy clouds using a cloud stencil, blender brush and Tumbled Glass ink.
- Secure the scene layer in the MISTI and stamp one of the Spanish Phrases using Nocturne ink.
- Note: I blended the scene colors on without using any masking so the edges of the scene would appear to fade away.
Assemble the Card
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the scene layer and attach it to the card base.
- Cut the palm tree using green and Kraft cardstock.
- Apply Antique Linen ink to the tree trunk using a mini applicator.
- Attach the palm fronds to the trunk and attach using glossy accents.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the palm tree and attach it to the scene.
- Cut grass sprigs using green cardstock and attach a couple to the base of the tree using glossy accents.
- Cut a single bird using white cardstock, apply Pumice Stone ink to shade using a mini applicator.
- Apply a small piece of mounting tape to the back of the bird and attach it to the sky area of the scene.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my beach card using one of the Spanish phrases as the main focus of the card. I have linked both Frases en Español #1 and #2 below. Check out my Beach Chairs and Umbrella and More Beach Scene Greeting Cards for more beach scene inspiration. And, if you need even more beach card inspiration you can check out this Pinterest link. Thank you for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Here are the dies and stamp set used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my beach card using one of the Spanish phrases as the main focus of the card