Door cards have become so popular in paper crafting. I love the challenge of making each door scene unique by adding seasonal embellishments. For this pretty summer scene I used the Rubbernecker Door with Steps, Macrame Planters, Tall Terracotta Pots, Small Flowers #1, Small Flowers #3, Tiny Flower Buds, Grass Set, Puppies, Knob Top Fence and Leaves and Greenery.
The Siding Card Base
- Cut several 1/2 x 4 1/4″ strips of white cardstock
- Apply ATG adhesive to a strip and attach it on the bottom of the card base.
- Continue attaching the strips overlapping each strip slightly over the strip below it until you reach the blue layer..
Assemble The Door
- Cut the door sections using white cardstock.
- Attach the pieces together using double stick tape.
- Cut white cardstock to fit behind the window openings and attach to the back of the door using double stick tape.
- Attach the whole window unit to the door using strips of double stick tape.
- Attach the door to the card base using double stick tape.
The Fence and Grass Layers
- Cut the grass layer using green cardstock and the fence using white cardstock.
- Attach double stick tape to the back of the grass layer and attach the fence sections.
- Apply mounting tape to the back of the grass and fence layer and attach it to the card base.
The Macrame Planters, Flowers, Pots and Vines
- Cut the pots pots using yellow cardstock and color using a mini applicator and inks from the Color Fuse Set #2.
- Use white cardstock to cut the macrame planter and attach it to the flower pot using glossy accents.
- Cut several sets of the leaves and greenery to use in the planter and to create the vines.
- Use light and dark pink cardstock to cut the flowers and form them using a small tipped stylus and molding pad.
- Attach the foliage and flowers to the hanging planter and pot using glossy accents and attach them to the card base with strips of mounting tape.
- Attach the tall vines to the door and fence using glossy accents.
- Use glossy accents to attach the tiny flower buds to the vines.
- Cut the puppy using white cardstock and color the ears, tail and feet using a dark brown marker.
- Cut a small piece of white cardstock for the ear.
- Color the ear with the brown marker and attach it to the puppy head using glossy accents.
- Attach the puppy to the grass using a piece of mounting tape.
- Note: I think using an animal in an outdoor scene adds interest and adds a breath of life to the scene.
I love making door cards. Check out my Handmade Door Card, Christmas Front Door Card and Home Sweet Home Card to see the different ways I used the door die set. I was amazed to see how many door cards there are on Pinterest for inspiration. Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend. I hope everyone will be safe and cautious with so many states opening up.
Here are the Rubbernecker products used for my card.
Here are the tools and supplies used.