I’ve had lots of fall card ideas this year and I just love the simplicity and color pops of this slimline fall card. I especially love how easy this card is to make thanks to the ingenious slimline insert dies created by Rubbernecker and the gorgeous vibrancy of those leave thanks to Rubbernecker’s Color Fuse Ink. This company is on fire with all their goodies and I feel so lucky to get to play with them all the time!
The Card Base
- Use white cardstock to cut the 3.50″ x 8.50″ card base and slimline layer.
- Cut one 3.25″ x 8.25″ layer using orange cardstock and one using white cardstock.
- Apply ATG adhesive to the back of the orange layer and attach to the card base.
- Trim off a tiny bit of the white layer to make sure it will fit behind the slimline layer and attach it to the orange layer.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the slimline circle layer and attach it to the white layer on the card base.
Color the Leaves
- Use white cardstock to cut the 3 leaves. Note: The 3 Maple Leaves die is a solid die that allows you to make one cut with perfectly spaced openings if you want to use the negative cut for your card front. See my Die Cut Autumn Leaves post to see an example.
- Use Pumpkin, Fern and Crimson Color Fuse inks and mini applicators to color the leaves. Check out my Coloring Fall Leaves Video Tutorial to see how I apply the ink.
- Apply the red, green and orange ink in patches but allowing the colors to run together.
- Once the leaf is fully covered apply a light layer of orange ink all over the leaf to blend the three colors together.
- For this leaf I added touches of red to a few of the leaf tips to add more color details to the leaf.
- Place the leaf on your versa pad and push down to get full coverage.
- Apply clear embossing powder to the leaf and heat with your heat gun. Note: Clear embossing makes the colors more vibrant.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the leaves and attach inside the circle frames.
I suggest you save this to your fall card ideas board (or file) AND to your quick and easy category, too, because you can change out the colors and the focal elements and have endless inspiration for a quick and easy but truly stunning card making fix!
This is an example of fall card ideas.