The small flowers and ivy floral arrangement on this card highlights one of my favorite friend sentiments from the Rubbernecker Kittie Says Friends clear set. I created the sentiment layer using the Nested Scallop with Half Holes and I used the Small Flowers #3 and Large Ivy to create the framing floral arrangement.
The Sentiment Layer and Card Base
- Use white cardstock to cut the A2 sized card base and the decorative sentiment layer.
- Apply embossing magic to the decorative layer to remove static cling.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versamark.
- Apply gold embossing powder to the sentiment and shake off the excess powder and heat.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the sentiment layer and attach it to the card base.
The Small Flowers and Ivy
- Cut the small flowers using aqua cardstock and the ivy using green cardstock.
- Place all the flowers face up on a molding pad and push down in the center of each using a small tipped stylus.
- Place all the ivy sections on the molding pad and use the leaf tool to push down in the center of each leaf.
- Note: Shaping to the flowers and leaves adds dimension for a more realistic floral arrangement.
- Attach to the ivy branches to the corners of the sentiment using glossy accents.
- Complete the arrangements by attaching the small flowers to the ivy using glossy accents.
Here’s a link to my recent Friend Card Ideas post.
I love using simple friend sentiments on cards for my friends and framing them with floral arrangements. How do you highlight the sentiments on your projects? I’d love to know!
I love using simple friend sentiments on cards for my friends and framing them with floral arrangements.