Good Saturday morning. I have a fun Woody and Christmas tree card to share with you today. When I opened the Simple Stories-Merry and Bright designer paper and saw the cars with the Christmas trees I instantly thought of the Rubbernecker Woody Stamp and Woody Die. I created the ground snow using the Deckle Hills and frame the scene using the Rectangle Combo #2 die. I used the Greenery set to create the tree and Tiny Leaves for the holly embellishment.
- Secure the watercolor paper and stamp in the MISTI and stamp the image two times using Versafine Clair Nocturne and heat set.
- Water color the first car using Barn Door, Fired Brick, Antique Linen,Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone reinker along with water and a brush.
- Cut the tire portion of the Woody off the painted car.
- Trim the body of the second car away leaving only the tire portion.
- Attach the painted Woody to the tire section of the second car using mounting tape.
- Add some sparkle to the windows of the Woody using a clear overlay pen.
- Cut a thin piece of cardstock using green cardstock to use as the tree base.
- Cut two sets of the Greenery and trim off the individual branches.
- Attach the single branches to the tree base using glossy accents and continue to fill in the tree.
- Attach the tree to the top of the Woody using glossy accents.
- Apply the white embossing paste to the tree using a small spatula to create the appearance of snow.
The Frame and Snow Layer
- Cut the frame and snow layer using white cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the lower back portion of the frame and attach the snow layer.
- Apply thin strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the woody and mounting tape to the back of the tree and attach to the snow layer and card base.
- Finish by adding two holly leaves to the car door and a tiny red bow to the trunk of the tree.
- Apply red punched circles to the holly leaves using glossy accents and accent them using red stickles.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Woody and Christmas tree. I promise I will not be showing another Christmas tree on a project for a while. LOL! Three days in a row is enough. Be sure and hop over to see the Black Friday Sale going on over at Rubbernecker Stamps. There are lots of stamps and dies on sale with great discounts. Thanks for coming by and I hope you are enjoying your weekend.