Good Monday morning. Today I’m sharing a fall leaf wreath card using the Rubbernecker Stamps 3 Maple Leaves and framed using the Nested Rectangle X Stitch set. The wreath base was cut using the Nested Circles set. The sentiment is from the Splatter Leaves set. I colored the leaves using Distress Inks and then embossed them using Versa and clear embossing powder. I love how the clear embossing brightens the colors on the leaves and that they pop off the white background.
- Line up the second and third sized dies from the Nested Rectangle X Stitch set together on the magnetic platform.
- Place the white cardstock over the dies and run through the die cutting machine.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach it to the card base.
The Fall Leaf Wreath
- Cut the leaves using white cardstock.
- Use mini applicators to apply Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick ink to the leaves. Check out my short leaf coloring video on YouTube to see how I color my leaves. You can also see my step by step picture tutorial here.
- Apply Versa and clear embossing powder to the leaves and heat.
- Cut a wreath base using two dies from the Nested Circles set.
- Gently bend and form the leaves with your fingers and attach around the wreath base using glossy accents.
- Apply strips of mounting tape all the way around the wreath base and attach it to the card base.
- Finish by stamping the sentiment on white cardstock using Versafine Clair Verdant ink and attach it to the wreath using pieces of mounting tape.
I had such a good time making this fall leaf wreath card. It is fun figuring out how to place the colors on the leaves to make each one a little different from the other. Check out the Pinterest Fall Leaf Wreath card link for more inspiration. You can also find more fall leaves inspiration on my blog by following this link. I sure do appreciate you coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful week.