Use this example of bird house card ideas to make some sweet spring projects!
I haven’t seen a lot of bird house card ideas floating around and I have to say that I think this is such a great theme for spring. If you’ve ever had a bird house in your yard, you know that the frantic house cleaning and nest building is a sign that the sweet spring weather is on its way. What better way to celebrate that than with a card that has All The Spring Things?
For this pretty spring card I used the newly released Large Birdhouse, Hanging Flowers and Tiny Flowers #2 paired with the Large Garden Fence, Grass, Small Ivy and Small Birds.
Card Base, Grass and Fence
- Use light blue cardstock to cut the A2 sized card base.
- Cut two Grass sections using green cardstock.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of one grass section and attach it to the lower part of the card base.
- Cut three Large Garden Fence sections and a 5.50″ x .25″ strip using white cardstock.
- Attach two full fence sections and one additional section together at the tabs using glossy accents.
- Apply double stick tape to the back of the white strip and attach it to the crossbar.
- Apply double stick tape to the bottom back of the fence sections and pieces of mounting tape to the back of a few of the pickets and attach the fence to the card base. Pro Tip: Attaching the bottom of the fence flat to the card base reduces bulk. Attaching a couple pieces of mounting tape to the back of a few pickets will hold the fence away to create dimension.
- Apply a strip of mounting tape to the back of the second grass section and attach it to the front of the fence.
- Cut several of the Hanging Flowers using pink, yellow and purple cardstock and the stems using green cardstock.
- Place the flower heads face down on the molding pad and lightly push down on them with a large round stylus to form them.
- Attach the flowers to the stems using glossy accents.
- Tuck the flowers in behind the front grass section and attach using glossy accents.
- Use yellow, pink and purple cardstock to cut several sections of the Tiny Flowers #2.
- Place the flowers face up on the molding pad and form them by pushing down in the center with a tiny tipped stylus.
- Use green cardstock to cut a few sets of the Small Ivy.
- Attach the flowers to the ivy stems using glossy accents.
- Tuck the ivy and flower stems in behind the front grass section, fill them in all the way across the card and attach using glossy accents.
Birdhouse and Birds
- Cut the birdhouse sections from the Large Birdhouse set using white and purple cardstock.
- Apply a strip of rolled up double stick tape to the back of the roof and attach it to the house.
- Cut a small piece of cardstock and attach it to the back of the birdhouse to cover the heart hole.
- Apply three ivy leaves and tiny flowers to the perch area of the birdhouse using glossy accents.
- Attach the birdhouse directly to the fence using glossy accents.
- Use yellow cardstock to cut birds from the Small Birds set.
- Apply shading to the bird bodies using a mini applicator and Mango ink and color the beaks with a black marker.
- Apply small pieces of mounting tape to the back of the birds and attach one to the birdhouse and one to the front grass.
Take a look at my Birdhouse Card Ideas Using New Dies post to see another card made using the new Large Birdhouse Set and Tiny Flowers #2. Birdhouse themed cards are so much fun to make.
5505-03D large bird house die
5505-02D Hanging flowers Die
5422-03D Tinny Flowers #2 Die
5401-02D Large Garden Fence Die
Tabed Grass Set Die Cut 5152-03D
5162-03D Small Ivy
Small Birds Die 5147-06D
The Color Catalog by Sarah Renae Clark
Sizzix – Paper Sculpting Kit
Paper Blossom Tool Kit 4/Pkg
Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Color Fuse Set #2
PanPastel Sofft Applicators 12/Pkg
COPIC Sketch Marker 100, Black
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider & Tape
Amazon.com : Dahle 550 Professional…
Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting…
Mini Glossy Accents, Ranger Accents
Amazon.com: 1000 Pieces Foam Sticky…
Amazon.com: Mini Foam Dots…
Amazon.com: Scotch 1/2-Inch by…
Teflon Bone Folder, Essentials by Ellen
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12×12
Glue Dots, Mini (3/16″)
Amazon.com : Accent Opaque White 8.5”…
I will be sharing other bird house card ideas thanks to all the cute little designs on that new die so stay tuned! In the meantime, play around and see what kind of spring cards you come up with!