If you love the look of classic, vintage vehicles, you are going to flip for this handmade Model A truck Christmas card!
If you’ve been following me for a while you know I love the classic look of a vintage red pick up truck. These iconic elements pop up every year around this time and so you know I had to create another handmade Model A truck Christmas card to share! I am clearly not alone in loving these because I see them everywhere and there’s just something about all the classics brought together in a handmade card for the holidays.
I made this card using the Inside Scallop Frame, Model A Truck, Evergreen Trees, Deckle Hills, Greenery #1, Small Birds and Christmas Mini (star) along with some other “every day” items in my craft room. I list everything below so you can grab what you need. I am also sharing every step you need to know to make one of these cards at home, so read through for all the details. I promise you that you will be able to make this card!
Card Base, Frame and Snow Layers
- Cut an A2 sized card base and a 5.00″ x 3.75″ rectangle layer using white cardstock.
- Use white cardstock to cut two snow layers and trim to fit the front of the frame.
- Cut the frame using red cardstock.
- Emboss the white layer and trim to fit behind the frame.
- Attach one snow layer to the embossed layer using ATG adhesive.
- Apply strips of mounting tape to the back of the frame and attach the embossed layer.
- Adhere double stick tape to the back of the frame and embossed layer and attach it to the card base.
- Use double stick tape adhesive to attach the front snow layer to the frame.
Assemble the Model A Truck
- Cut the truck parts using red, black and gray cardstock.
- Attach the truck bed and cab to the truck base using rolled up double stick tape. Pro Tip: Rolled up tape creates a thinner attachment for the dies compared to using mounting tape. The thickness of mounting tape holds the parts further away from the base and makes them appear unnatural.
- Attach the tires, wheels and hub caps together using glossy accents and attach them to the truck base using glossy accents.
- Apply rolled up double stick tape to the fender and radiator and attach to the truck base.
- Attach the headlight to the fender and the radiator top using glossy accents.
Embellish the Truck
- Use green cardstock to cut the greenery sections.
- Cut the branches from the main greenery stem.
- Begin attaching the branches to the back of the truck using glossy accents.
- Continue adding branches to create the appearance of a Christmas tree.
- Attach two greenery tips and a red circle to the side of the truck using glossy accents.
- Apply red stickles to the red berry and a tiny red bow to the tree using glue dots.
Finish the Scene
- Use green cardstock to cut the evergreen trees.
- Cut the small birds using red cardstock and the tiny star using yellow cardstock.
- Crimp the trees with a straight line crimper to create dimension.
- Apply pieces of mounting tape to the back of the trees and attach them to the card base.
- Attach the truck to the snow layer using a piece of mounting tape.
- Use tiny pieces of mounting tape to attach the two birds to the scene.
- Finish by attach the star to the tallest tree using glossy accents and add a touch of sparkle using yellow stickles.
As I mentioned, I have loved making red truck Christmas projects for years. I’m adding a few of my favorites below for more inspiration. Click on each photo if you would like to go to the original post for all the details. And remember you can adapt any stamped truck to this die set!
Below are two tables – the first are all the products from Rubbernecker that I used to make all the projects featured on this page. The ones I used specifically for today’s project are the ones at the top of this post. The second table are all the “every day” items that I use in my card making.
Are you thinking maybe a sweet handmade Model A truck Christmas card like this is one you want to attempt? Just follow along with my instructions and remember that not every card is supposed to be identical to another. Add your own twists and you will end up with something you can share that will truly wow someone special!